Youth Confirmation Information
High School students who are 16 years of age by their Junior year of high school and who have completed the formation and service requirements in 9th and 10th grade, can enter into immediate preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation. Classes begin in late Fall and Confirmation is celebrated during the early Fall of the following year. Sponsors must be 16 years of age and a Confirmed, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church. Classes are held once a month. Students are asked to complete 30 hours of service by the time of Confirmation, and can begin these hours their freshman year of high school. Questions? Please contact Karin Felske, [email protected]
Jump to: 9th and 10th grade Information or Middle School Information
Forms and Sign Ups
- Confirmation Data Sheet : helps us with keeping records and sending records of Confirmation to parishes of baptism. (please have your student bring this with them to the next class, or email to Mary Gross, [email protected])
- Sponsor Guidelines: to help the candidates choose a sponsor
- Confirmation Saint Assignment (due December 11th): this will be the focus of the class on November 13th.
- Confirmation Retreat: Choose one day (additional information will be sent to families and sponsors closer to the retreat date)
- Saturday April 22nd, 9:00am-9:00pm at St. Mary by the Lake: Permission Form and Sign Up Sheet. Email permission form to Mary Gross, [email protected]
- Bishop Questionnaire Form: will be the focus on the class on March 12th, form will be uploaded closer to that date. Form due by Sunday May 7th, 2023 to Mary Gross, [email protected]
Current Service Opportunities (as of 14 December 2022)
- Service Hours Form
- Bingo at Elizabeth Residence: April 13th, 6pm-7pm. Please download this permission form and email to [email protected]
- Sandwich Sunday, 2nd Sunday of each month:
- March 12th
- Sunday May 14th, 2023: Mother’s Day Breakfast. Students help with serving coffee and beverages at the breakfast in the St. Matthew Cafeteria, additional info to follow.
- Choir member or cantor: sing at special events throughout the year. Contact Chris O’Loughlin, [email protected].
Important Dates to Remember:
- Sunday, May 7th, 2022: Bishop Questionnaire due (email to [email protected])
- Saturday September 23, 2023: 10:00am Confirmation rehearsal with sponsor at St. Matthew in the main church.
- Sunday September 24, 2023: 2:00pm Confirmation with sponsor at St. Matthew in the main church, with Bishop James Schuerman. Please arrive no later than 1:30pm.