Youth Confirmation Information
High School students who are 16 years of age by their Junior year of high school and who have completed the formation and service requirements in 9th and 10th grade, can enter into immediate preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation. Classes begin in late Fall and Confirmation is celebrated during the early Fall of the following year. Sponsors must be 16 years of age and a Confirmed, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church. Classes are held once a month. Students are asked to complete 30 hours of service by the time of Confirmation, and can begin these hours their freshman year of high school. Questions? Please contact Karin Felske, [email protected].
- 9th and 10th grade students will meet with their catechist in the classroom for attendance at 9:45am, and sit together in the main church for 10am Mass (families are welcome to sit together). Class will follow, from 11:00am until 12:00pm.
- Click here for a class schedule.
Important Dates to Remember:
- January 14th, 2024: Basilica trip with parent or sponsor--permission form required.
- Saturday, September 28th, 2024: Confirmation rehearsal in the main church at St. Matthew, 10:00am, with sponsor.
- Sunday September 29th, 2024: Confirmation with Bishop Jeffrey Haines. 2:00pm in the main church at St. Matthew. Please arrive no later than 1:30pm with your sponsor.
Forms and Sign Ups
- Confirmation Data Sheet : helps us with keeping records and sending records of Confirmation to parishes of baptism. (please have your student bring this with them to the first class, or email to Mary Gross, [email protected].)
- Sponsor Guidelines: to help the candidates choose a sponsor
- Bishop Questionnaire will be distributed in Spring of 2024
Current Service Opportunities (as of 11 October 2023)
- Service Hours Form
- Bingo at Elizabeth Residence, Oak Creek: October 12th, 5:45pm-7:00pm. Click here to download permission form.
- Sandwich Sunday, 2nd Sunday of each month:
- November 12th
- December 10th
- January 14th
- February 11th
- March 10th
- April 14th
- May 12th* Meets in art room across from Cafeteria
- Choir member or cantor: sing at special events throughout the year. Contact Chris O’Loughlin, [email protected].
- Preschool Classroom Aides: 2 Sundays per month, from 10am-11am. You would be assisting the lead catechist in helping the children learn about Jesus through song, crafts and movement activities. This is a great opportunity to share your faith as well as learn to work with young children. Contact Carol Daun, [email protected], 414-762-4200 ext. 113 to sign up to help.